TomTom for iPhone was announced several weeks ago, and it was expected by millions of users. The application is now available at the iTunes Store in several parts of the world, but the fuss might be gone due to the high price tag of TomTom GPS for iPhone. The app provides turn-by-turn car navigation for iPhone amongst many others, and it’s now available at the App Stores in US & Canada, New Zealand, Western Europe, and Australia for prices ranging from $79.99 to $139.99.
The TomTom app for iPhone comes packed with features like tap-and-go (which allows you to tap your way from A to B), go your own way (which allows you to see your way, and to rotate from portrait mode to landscape for a better view), meet up with friend (which gives you the possibility to choose someone from your contacts list, and the app will find a route to your buddy), find a place to eat (which allows you to choose a restaurant, and call to make a reservation, then find the route to the restaurant), smartest routes, and the world at your fingertips among many others.
TomTom works only with iPhone OS 3.0 on iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. The TomTom US & Canada costs $99.99, New Zealand $94.99, Australia $79.99, and Western Europe $139.99. The Western Europe app is divided in more versions:
- Benelux: Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg with maps for these 3 countries;
- D-A-CH: Germany, Austria, and Switzerland for these 3 countries;
- France: only in France;
- Italy: only in Italy;
- Iberia: Spain and Portugal with maps for these 2 countries plus Andorra, Gibraltar, and islands of Balearic and the Canary Islands;
- UK & Ireland: maps for these two countries;
- Nordic: Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden with maps for these 4 countries.
The TomTom iPhone car kit is not yet available, but it should be very soon for a price around $200. This is probably a little too expensive, but look at the endless possibilities that the TomTom navigation for iPhone brings for you.
Read More On This Topic:
- TomTom and ZipCar For iPhone Coming Soon To The App Store
- World Wide Real-Time Swine Flu Map by Google
- New Zealand Swine Flu Map by Google