I just can’t get enough of that “just released LCDs” smell. Samsung just put into the wild a couple of new LCD targeted for both multimedia and gaming usage. The P2370 (23-inch) and the P2070 (20-inch) will offer you a magnificent 50.000:1 contrast ratio and a “fast-action” 2ms GTG video response time. P2070 will be able to please you with a 1600 x 900 screen resolution while the P2370 will boost out a 1920 x 1080 resolution. And the fun doesn’t stop here, the P2370HD will feature a HDTV tuner, integrated speakers with RSR TruSurround, and both HDMI and component input.Pretty sweet indeed is what I say.
“The 70 Series offers our customers a sophisticated-looking LCD monitor with the performance capability of our televisions,” said J.H. Kim, President of Samsung Electronics America’s Information Technology Division. “The 70 Series is the new standard as more people upgrade their monitors for additional uses, like watching television programs and playing video games.”
Samsung also claims that they thought about the environment and that the new monitors will have eco-friendly features for a reduced power consumption, about a third required compared to a normal LCD screen. Also, the monitor’s TOC manufacturing process eliminated harmful sprays and paints which means that they will be “more” recyclable.
It’s a shame that no price or release date has been announced… yet.
“The 70 Series is a great monitor for someone looking a full range of color, sharpness and response. It also has an added benefit for those concerned about the environment. We were sensitive to the impact computers monitors have on the environment and have developed a manufacturing process for the 70 Series that would minimize this,” said Tony Yu, Display Product Manager of Samsung Electronics America’s Information Technology Division.
The monitors will also feature a crystal-like bezel frame that will help reduce the reflection of light and glare and a polished design stand that includes a crystal-like transparent acrylic neck.
P2070 \ P2370 \ P2370HD LCD Monitors:
– Thin 30mm screen depth (65.5mm – P2370HD)
– High contrast ratio of 50,000:1
– Full HD 1080p (1920×1080) resolution (1600×900 – P2070)
– Fast 2ms (GTG) video response time (5ms – P2370HD)
– Reduced power consumption
– Touch of Color (ToC(TM)) technology
– VOC-free Crystal-like bezel frame to help reduce glare
– Starlight Touch Controls
– Built-in 1080p digital HDTV tuner; 5ms (GTG) video response time and HDMI input (P2370HD)
Read More On This Topic:
- First Video Of The Android-powered Samsung I7500
- Finally: Samsung Android I7500 OLED Touchscreen Coming In June
- Rumor: Samsung Omnia Pro To Become Available In July